Old 16-07-2006, 02:26 PM posted to rec.ponds
Peter L

Default Can I just top up my garden pond with common tap water?

For topping off, you do not need to worry about the chlorine or the
chloroamines. The new water will be "diluted" by the water in the pond.
I've been doing this for years with no problems - even in aquariums where I
have replaced up to 10% of the water with tap water during water changes
with no ill effects.

wrote in message
Hi y'all
I live in the south of England where right now we are experiencing a
bit of a drought. As a result the water in my garden Goldfish pond is
getting low.
My question : Can I just top up the pond with common tap water? I've
heard I should let it stand for a few hours to get rid of the Chlorine
but I'm not really sure.
Any help or suggestions much appreciated.
TIA.