Old 17-07-2006, 05:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
chaz

Default hens chicks?

"Myrl Jeffcoat" wrote in message
oups.com...
Chaz-
Hens and Chicks remind me of my childhood. I remember as a kid, we had
stairs which led up to the front porch of our home. And there was a
wonderful rock garden beneath. It had just the right amount of sun
exposure.

They seemed to be easy to propogate. We would break off the newer
growth with stems, and replant. We often did this when they'd get
"leggy" or a bit scraggly looking.

They were very hardy.

In my back yard now, I have an area, where I have arranged some old
terra cotta chimney pipes, at various heights to each other. I have
planted my succulents in them (including a few Hens and Chicks). They
remind me a bit of that old childhood rock garden we had.

Myrl Jeffcoat
http://www.myrljeffcoat.com

So if I want a new plant should I snip off one of the little shoots?