Old 17-07-2006, 09:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Al

Default My Sick Phal

By the weight criteria method of determining expertness, I have gone way
beyond my weight limit in dead plants and I am even at one of my highest
"off-treadmill" sizes. I guess that makes ME an orchid god, even if only a
lower case one.

I think lots of people who have been using this newsgroup for years knew
what "white spots that rub off but keep coming back" must be without any
pictures. Yet, in terms of commonly used buzz words, "fuzzy" was missing.
Survey says, "Fuzzy is the number one word. So the poster gets points for
originality in his/her verbal description of a very commonly discussed
problem. And you don't lose points for being a newbie OR asking a commonly
asked question and using the offending word creatively in your response to
the response shows a hint of class.

Thank you for posting pictures of bugs in abpo. We don't get enough of
those. Seriously.

Apparently almost all of us decided to let somebody else answer the question
so we are all either on vacation or buried beyond help in dead orchid plants
and wallowing in our "expertness". I have not decided yet if this calls for
negatively awarded points. I will think about it and get back to you.

Ray gets a point just because he keeps answering the same questions after
all these years even if he did let a fighting word slip in. Feeble? Only
in your sense of humor apparently. And it's probably just an intermittent
problem. Tone of voice is hard to judge when you don't know the person
whose writing you are reading. So I am taking the point back. You have
enough points anyway.

Everybody else gets a point just for showing up and saying something. I get
an extra point because I am the one awarding points today and anybody who
has not yet joined in and wants a point must demonstrate they know how to
deescalate a slightly incendiary moment in an otherwise flame free month and
do so without spelling any words wrong. What are we at, four...five months
now without even a hint of a flame. I think it might even be longer. And
that's got to be a Usenet record.

We could have a flame war just to have one, but in the words of Comic Book
Guy from The Simpson, "You don't want to start a barf war you can not win"

Big smile. Ducking and covering....

"Ray" wrote in message
. ..

Remember, you're not an orchid-growing expert until you have killed your
weight in plants! Fortunately, as I've gotten older, my body seems to be
accommodating more and more room for further executions.