Old 18-07-2006, 07:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Nancy G.

Default My Sick Phal

Bobo wrote:
Thanks,

I examined the spots with a 10X loupe and sure enough they were mealy bugs.
I reposted the pictures with a blow-up plainly showing them. Click on the
center picture. I have started the alcohol treatment. Many thanks for the
help.

Jim

Continue to watch them. Sometimes parasites or their eggs get missed
because they are in the mix and not thoroughly covered with a topical
treatment. It may require a mild drench. I don't know if you have any
other orchids or houseplants, but you should inspect all your plants
and isolate the current victim to prevent spreading the infestation.

Nancy