Old 18-07-2006, 12:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Potatoes dying off - normal?

Zootal wrote:
Yeah, I've learned a lot here, and alway get answers.

So - what are the odds of planting potatoes again, now, mid July, and
getting something before winter? It seems to me that these potatoes were
only in the ground for a few months, I'm thinking I might be able to get a
second crop to grow.

I live in NY, not sure where you live. We plant in April and are just
starting to pick small spuds. For another year, you could plant 2 weeks
apart til the end of your planting season. Should be interesting.
Spuds are a storage crop so planting more than one doesn't seem to
gain you anything in storage. YMMV
Doris