Old 18-07-2006, 12:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default Replacing Old Lawn - Best Way To Do It?

Old Codger wrote:
Old Codger wrote:

[...]
Thanks, glyphosate went on at the weekend.

O.C.

Well, it's been down for 10 days now and the grass is still looking
good!

It's early days yet: even properly applied, it can take a few weeks. It
doesn't so much "poison" plants as upset their growth-hormone balance,
so the dry weather could be slowing down the effect by making the
plants go slightly dormant -- but there are people here who know more
about it than I've ever forgotten. I did suggest good old-fashioned
spade work, though!

--
Mike.