Old 19-07-2006, 12:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
John Bachman

Default Potatoes dying off - normal?

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 21:36:34 -0700, "Zootal"
wrote:

"John Bachman" wrote in message
.. .
On 18 Jul 2006 04:50:55 -0700, wrote:

snip
I'm not sure - the plants don't look specifically diseased, they just turn
yellow and die back, some are still green. My tomatoes are as healthy as can
be. The spuds we have dug up have been good - in fact, BBQ some in foil over
a charcoal grill with olive oil and cajun.....mmmm...they are to die for :-)
I'll never buy spuds at a store again!

Yup. Many of my non-gardening friends and relatives ask why I grow
something as cheap as potatoes. Then I feed them some of mine and
they understand.

I think that it is sad that so many people never taste fresh fruits
and vegetables, only the cardboard replicas that they get at the
grocery store.

When I was growing up in West Virginia, everyone had a small backyard
garden. My grandfather and favorite uncle had big gardens. I
followed their method and do not regret it a bit. I have lots of
fresh vegetables all summer and some into winter. I still have good
butternuts from last year! Wish I could remember how I did that.

John