Old 20-07-2006, 07:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Japanese anemones

On 20/7/06 00:02, in article
, "Kristina"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
They're just starting to open. I'm sure this is earlier than usual!
--

Funny you should mention Japanese anemones. I just noticed our first
one in bloom today - and we're north of Inverness! I'll try to take a

Replying to both you and Rupert, it's our pink ones which are coming out,
not the white ones - yet. I really do like both very much but love the way
the white ones glow in the twilight. But it does seem to add to my
feeling that it's going to be an early autumn.
People are citing heat and drought which, in some parts of the country,
might be the reason but we had very heavy rain here on 6th/7th July, which
is when we were at Hampton Court. There, it rained very heavily on the 6th
but not for very long. However, we couldn't describe the SW as being in
drought conditions - dry at present, yes but not drought. We were talking
about this last night and I think a drought is officially a period of three
weeks without rain but I could be wrong. Anyone know?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk