Old 20-07-2006, 12:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Dicentra scandens

On 20/7/06 07:59, in article ,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

"Janet Galpin" wrote in message

snip
I've grown it from seed and lost it. I had it still in pots in the
greenhouse but it died out sometime in its second year. Neglect
probably. I'd assumed it was a short-lived perennial but perhaps it
needed cooler conditions.
I seem to think mine wasn't such a clear yellow either. Perhaps it can
be quite variable. I'll have to give it a second try.

Janet G

The naming of these yellow dicentra's is very muddled and some species are
little more than annuals but the plant normally found as D. scandens is a
good perennial with a huge tap root, I sometimes loose them in pots too but
once out (or pot rooted down) they seem indestructible

I think ours has been in the garden for three years or so now. It survived
last winter so it must be pretty tough. I would say ours is a good clear
yellow but possibly with a very slight amber tinge to the top of the flower.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk