Old 21-07-2006, 06:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Eric Hunt

Default Sunburn

Joe,

Then it's not a Coelogyne. =)

My very first thought was a Brazilian maxillaria, along the lines of
Maxillaria picta.

1000 meters is warm to intermediate.

Your plant *looks* reasonably healthy, with normal-sized pseudobulbs, not
much crenation (wrinkling) of the pseudobulbs and a good light green color
to the leaves. If it's been struggling but is now happy, it might take a
season or two before you see blooms, while it rebuilds strength.

Let us know when you've posted additional photos to your blog!

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"jtill" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks Eric, that should help me in tailoring care to improve plant
growth. I have been calling it an Oncidium for years. It is a wonder it