Old 24-07-2006, 04:08 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Ledford Jim Ledford is offline

Default Toro Gas Trimmer - Tiller Attachment?

Mathussic wrote:

I have an 18" gas-powered Toro Trimmer, and they have a tiller
attachment available.

Has anyone used the tiller attachment?

I think it's about $65 or so, and I was thinking of using it on a small
area of lawn in my back yard that I want to till and plant some grass.
The area is about 10x10 and than another area about 20x3 or so.

Thanks,
Chris

many different manufactures of the so called toy tool attachment
you describe. all have the same problem. they do very very little
on hard un cut ground. if the ground is first cut up with a REAL
tiller, then you can scratch around in the lose dirt with the little
toy tiller attachment. so, to me they are a waste of money.

get a real tiller or even better get a mattock and do some real work
in your backyard burning off calories and improving your health while
you accomplish the producing of something you want.

mattock
:a digging and grubbing tool with features of an adze and an ax or pick