Old 23-07-2006, 10:48 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Toro Gas Trimmer - Tiller Attachment?

I have an 18" gas-powered Toro Trimmer, and they have a tiller
attachment available.

Has anyone used the tiller attachment?

I think it's about $65 or so, and I was thinking of using it on a small
area of lawn in my back yard that I want to till and plant some grass.
The area is about 10x10 and than another area about 20x3 or so.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 23-07-2006, 10:52 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Mathussic" wrote in message
I have an 18" gas-powered Toro Trimmer, and they have a tiller
attachment available.

Has anyone used the tiller attachment?

Setup your 'favorites' on ebay and you'll get an email when one comes up for
auction.

Old 24-07-2006, 04:08 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Mathussic wrote:

I have an 18" gas-powered Toro Trimmer, and they have a tiller
attachment available.

Has anyone used the tiller attachment?

I think it's about $65 or so, and I was thinking of using it on a small
area of lawn in my back yard that I want to till and plant some grass.
The area is about 10x10 and than another area about 20x3 or so.

Thanks,
Chris

many different manufactures of the so called toy tool attachment
you describe. all have the same problem. they do very very little
on hard un cut ground. if the ground is first cut up with a REAL
tiller, then you can scratch around in the lose dirt with the little
toy tiller attachment. so, to me they are a waste of money.

get a real tiller or even better get a mattock and do some real work
in your backyard burning off calories and improving your health while
you accomplish the producing of something you want.

mattock
:a digging and grubbing tool with features of an adze and an ax or pick
Old 24-07-2006, 05:50 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Jim Ledford wrote:
Mathussic wrote:
[...]

Thanks. I figured a 1 HP motor wouldn't help too much. I'll probably do
it by hand, since the area is not too big.
Old 24-07-2006, 12:17 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 00:50:58 -0400, Mathussic wrote:

Jim Ledford wrote:
Mathussic wrote:
[...]

Or rent a tiller for a day or half day. In most parts of the US, at
least, tillers are easily available for rent at reasonable prices.

Terry

Old 24-07-2006, 05:40 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Mathussic wrote:

Jim Ledford wrote:
Mathussic wrote:
[...]

you are most welcome.
Old 24-07-2006, 05:42 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Terry wrote:

Mathussic wrote:
Jim Ledford wrote:
Mathussic wrote:
[...]

renting tools is one good way to determine if the tool
would be useful as well as determining if you'll really
like to own the thing.

good suggestion on renting you offered.
Old 24-07-2006, 11:11 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Mathussic wrote:
I have an 18" gas-powered Toro Trimmer, and they have a tiller
attachment available.

Has anyone used the tiller attachment?

I think it's about $65 or so, and I was thinking of using it on a small
area of lawn in my back yard that I want to till and plant some grass.
The area is about 10x10 and than another area about 20x3 or so.

Thanks,
Chris

Actually it is a "cultivator" attachment. They work fairly well in loose
soil but for breaking new ground that has not been tilled recently,
forget it. Go rent a rear tine tiller.

--
Art