Old 24-07-2006, 04:41 PM posted to austin.gardening
Cindy[_1_] Cindy[_1_] is offline

Default Texas-sized Cockroaches

* Steve Wertz wrote, On 7/24/2006 10:32 AM:

I figured they were probably Palmetto Bugs - a somewhat glamorous
name for a huge, ugly cockroach. They don't hang out in the
kitchen any more than they do any other area of the house, it's
just that I find them in such odd spots (like flinging off the
ceiling fan in my room when I turn it on, or under paperwork next
to the computer).

I went out and got a 25lb bag of something to spread around the
foundation, and some Ortho stuff for inside around vent/pipe/door
openings.

I couldn't find any of the stuff you mentioned at either Home
Depot or Lowes. I did find some Sevin powder, but that required a
duster (which they didn't have, and I probably wouldn't have
invested in anyway).

-sw

I haven't been seeing any lately, except a dead one on the floor. My
weiner dog got it. She's a roacher!