Old 24-07-2006, 05:51 PM posted to austin.gardening
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_1_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_1_] is offline

Default Texas-sized Cockroaches

In article t,
"Mike Harris" wrote:

In addition to the cat - you might want to be sure that there are no leaves
or other debris (e.g. plywood sheets) near your foundation.

When we bought our house it had been owned by the neighborhood slumlord -
who only rented to illegals as he knew they wouldn't complain. In addition
to living with no hot water and faulty electric wiring, it was apparently
news to the tenants that the city of Austin came by once a week to collect
the trash. They'd been stacking it on the service porch for months (!)
Needless to say we had plenty of unwanted housemates. We concentrated on
cleaning & repairing the interior of the house at first; so didn't start to
see a decline in the large roaches coming in from outside until after we
started on the yard and cleaned the trash and debris from near the
foundation.
--
Mike Harris
Austin, TX

Good advice.

That works for scorpions and rodents too.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson