Old 19-03-2003, 01:44 AM
Fred Garvin

Default Newbie Question

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 01:28:44 -0500, woody wrote:

I am new to this with my first orchid, a phal I believe, obtained last
September. After the first blooms fell of after two months, I cut the
stem back and now have nine new buds about to open. I have a question I
have not seen addressed. Two shoots have appeared at the base of the
plant. They are about the thickness of a pencil and have grown across
the surface of the moss potting medium for about an inch, and now seem to
be turning down into the medium. Could someone tell me what they are,
and should I do anything about them.

Sounds like new roots to me, congrats! It's a good thing.