Old 25-07-2006, 08:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
John John is offline

Default When can peppers be picked?

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"John" wrote in message
The other day I went out and discovered that my jalepeno plants had
produced several peppers apparently overnight. They're about 2" long, but
appear to have stopped getting longer. Does this mean then can be picked?
How long should I leave them there before I can eat them?

Thanks!

You can leave them as long as you want. I left some until late October last
year. They began turning reddish, but they were still fine. Unbelievably
hot, but hey...that's what I wanted.

Does this mean they'd be good to eat now? (I can't wait heheh).