Old 25-07-2006, 09:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
profpam profpam is offline

Default Sunburn

I didn't see anyone mention Cymbidiums. Sunburn shows as white
starburst spots amongst the green green leaves. Although sunburn harms
the cymbidium leaves and dried-up bulbs will not produce the following
year, a little sunburn does not wipe-out the plant. Constant sunburn,
however, will sooner or later destroy the plant.

Sunburn in other species seems to redden the color of the plant.
Pseudoepidendrum will turn red and if too red will eventually die.
Cattleyas that have been effected will turn red and may eventually die
if not placed into shade and given ample water.

Dispute all you wish; however, these are my personal observations.

. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://home.earthlink.net/~profpam/page3.html

jtill wrote:
Thanks Eric! Once you gave me the name I found it on the web with site
map no less. Also in Orchidwiz and Andy's Orchids. Since there are 629
Max. I have no idea how you recognized it! Amazing!
I almost ordered one from Andy's but it would not be the same as this
orphan.
Joe T
Your new fan in Baytown