Old 26-07-2006, 01:26 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill jtill is offline

Default Sunburn

I only have Cattleyas at risk in my yard and have burned three of
them. Not badly but a bit. I thought I was moving them slowly to more
light! Don't worry about dispute, few here find that useful. Your WEB
site, very nice.
Joe T
Tops and Trim in Baytown

year, a little sunburn does not wipe-out the plant. Constant sunburn,
however, will sooner or later destroy the plant.

Cattleyas that have been effected will turn red and may eventually die
if not placed into shade and given ample water.

Dispute all you wish; however, these are my personal observations.