Old 25-07-2006, 11:07 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Scotts® Turf Builder® With PLUS 2® Weed Control

Javier wrote:
NoSpamPls wrote:
* Kills dandelions and other broadleaf weeds.
* Scotts smaller particles stick to weeds better and kill them
completely -- root and all
* Builds a thick, green lawn from the roots up
* Won't burn your lawn...Guaranteed!

This crap is a waste of money and it will burn and I have more weeds
now. Yes, I set the spreader correctly and I water early in the morning.
I am in the North East so if this is not surprising because of the
weather here - please enlighten me. Also if I should avoid Scott's
products also let me know. Should I get down and actually pull these by
hand

I've used the Scotts product you mention with excellent results on tall
fescue grass, though it won't kill crabgrass (they have a different
product for that).

-jav

The only Scotts products for crabgrass that I am aware of are
pre-emergent. Then won't kill crabgrass that is already growing this
time of year. They only prevent it from germinating if applied at the
right time, which was months ago.