Old 26-07-2006, 03:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
James James is offline

Default When can peppers be picked?

"Gideon" wrote in message
.. .

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Warning: After you get done cutting them up, don't touch your nose, eyes

or
your pecker. You've been warned. Wash your hands with dish soap, not the
cutesy flowery make-your-hands-soft soap in a pump dispenser that ladies
sometimes have hanging around.

From my experiences with Jalapeno, Habanero and Finger peppers
(Cayenne family), the only truly safe way to handle them is to use
those inexpensive, disposable gloves, discard the gloves when done
handling the peppers and still wash your hands very well.

Of course, it took me 3 different and horrible experiences getting pepper
juice on one of my eyes before I finally wised up

Even the gloves manage to transfer some of the hot through if you are
fooling with a lot of them. Wash often.