Old 26-07-2006, 06:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default True Red Annual Poppies

wrote:
Thanks to all who responded. There is a variety of single poppy seed
which is called "Cherry Glow" It is not legal here in the US evidently
because Thompson & Morgan won't sell it. A shame. Will look into the
double poppies.

They are probably getting harassed by the DEA and that's why they won't
sell them. :-(

Did you see their varieties "Flanders" and Lady Bird" I'd probably get
a packet of each and mix them. They are single rather that doubles.

BTW, has anyone bought a pound of poppyseeds from a healthfood store or
bakery supply and planted them? (I realize the germination rate is
probably terrible.) What did you get -- a mixture of colors, or all
white or lilac, or...? I may try that late this fall. In a bed separate
from the one where my red double poppies were.

Best regards,
Bob -- hopes the double red poppies come back next year