Old 27-07-2006, 03:36 AM posted to austin.gardening
Jonny Jonny is offline

Default Texas Tree Planting Guide

"Treedweller" wrote in message
There's a new(ish) resource for those wanting to plant trees in Texas.
The Texas Forest Service has created the following site (with the help
of TAMU, apparently):

http://TexasTreePlanting.tamu.edu

Locally, it's not a good time to be planting trees, but now is a good
time to start planning for Fall!

happy planting,
Keith

4 trees appeared for Hays county. Only one made sense, the mexican
sycamore, for this continuous drought. Yes, there's a drought if you
forgot.

If there's some substantial rain between now and November 1st, may consider
it. If not, will continue to drip waterfeed my 2 one-year pecan trees for
another year.

Weather patterns run in cycles from year to year. I've never seen hangin
around subsequent low and high pressure cells in summer since observing
weather in my teen years in S. Texas. Sumpthin's not right. I'm 53.
--
Jonny