Old 27-07-2006, 09:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo
William Wagner William Wagner is offline

Default Will bamboo grow under a black walnut tree?

In article nP8yg.13220$S_1.10108@trndny05,
"Travis M." wrote:

"William Wagner" wrote in
message

et
In article ,
Rachel42 wrote:

Hello,

I've been looking high and low for information about the
juglone
tolerance (or intolerance) of bamboo. Does anyone know or
have
experience growing bamboo within the 'kill zone' of a black
walnut?

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

RS

Why not just give it a try. Brought in soil on the start if
concerned.

Bill

What does "Brought in soil on the start if concerned" mean?

Nothing more than bring in new soil that is not affected by the Black
Maple. Perhaps a yard or so. This would or could give the bamboo time
to establish.

Do you eat the Black Walnut Nut in brittle like I do?

Bill

--
S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade