Old 29-07-2006, 12:42 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj[_1_] ~ janj[_1_] is offline

Default green water

I am new to ponds, having very recently installed a mini pond with a
yellow flowering water lily and two aquatic plants but no fish, in my
back garden. Before starting digging, I read quite a few books on the
subject and have been given much advice on setting my pond up. I raised
the subject of green water on more than one occasion and was told that,
if I chose the correct aquatic plants, any green water would clear
quite quickly. My pond is in a position which enables it to get full
sun for most of the day, a must for healthy water lilies I understand.
As I have plenty of rain water, I used that instead of tap water and so
far, I don't have green water. No doubt time will tell.

As long as you don't add fish, green water is less likely. It is
overstocking with fish that is a ponder's undoing most often. ~ jan

Also ponding troll free at:
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium