Old 29-07-2006, 08:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Cardoon

On 29/7/06 08:37, in article ,
"Adam" wrote:

snip

Does anyone have any experience with cardoon? Any hints or tips for how to
get the best out of it? Any recipes?

We grow ours in the garden for ornament only and they are indeed, very
striking and beautiful plants. But if you want to eat them, I think it's
the leaf part only and they have to be wrapped in cardboard to blanch them,
or so I read at one time. The general feeling appears to be that it's a bit
of a faff and that you're better of growing artichokes for food and cardoons
for ornament.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk