Old 29-07-2006, 01:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Syke Syke is offline

Default How to remove pampas grass

wrote in message
We have a large pampas grass plant we want to remove, does anyone have
any particularly easy/effective ways of doing it?

I guess we can just dig it up but is there anything to be aware of,
does it have huge roots for example?

We have a tractor so I suppose we could try pulling it out.

--
Chris Green

I had to do this once. I kept putting it off but, eventually, I cut it as
close to the ground as possible (with hegecutter), attacked the stump with
an axe and split it into manageable clumps (about six I seem to remember)
then was able to grub up each one separately.

I won't be planting any more!

Regards

Pat Macguire