Old 29-07-2006, 04:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
William L. Rose William L. Rose is offline

Default What is eating holes in my tomatoes?

In article ,
Maryc wrote:

Daniel Prince Wrote:
Something is eating holes in my tomatoes. The tomatoes are not
touching the ground. Here is a picture of two tomatoes with holes
in them:

http://tinyurl.com/fpdyn

What is eating these holes and what can I do about it? Thank you in
advance for all replies.
--
Never ever let your brain explode. It's VERY bad for you and
it leaves a terrible mess for someone to clean up.

It could be grasshoppers, Tomato Hornworm or slugs. I use that
diometreus(excuse spelling) earth stuff on mine. It is a natural
product and non toxic to humans and animals but gets rid of the bugs.

Diatomaceous earth comes from diatoms which are various microscopic
one-celled or colonial algae of the class Bacillariophyceae, having cell
walls of silica. To a bug, it is like spreading broken glass all over
the place. Probably not good for your lungs, so try not to inhale it.