Old 29-07-2006, 03:15 PM posted to austin.gardening
austinartistdotnet austinartistdotnet is offline

Default Low mow, now dead lawn!

James Lee Johnson wrote:

If the soil is deep enough to grow St. Augustine grass, it is deep enough
for you to follow the recommended watering regimen. I'm really curious as
to why you decided to not follow the recommendations. Did you fancy yourself
an expert?

Well, I agree with the deep water/less often regimen. It's my stubborn
partner who thinks the soil is too shallow for it to work, so he
decided 15 minutes of water a day would be swell. And, by the way, he
fancies himself an expert at most things. I'll fiddle with the
sprinkler system while he's at work. That should fix it. *grin* Better
to apologize (or be thanked) later than to ask permission now, right?