Old 30-07-2006, 04:57 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jeff[_2_] Jeff[_2_] is offline

Default Crab grass?? Spray?

"Steveo" wrote in message ...
jtees4 wrote:
Thanks all!

ps. Be careful using post emergent crabgrass killer in hot weather (above
84F) and also on drought stressed turfgrass. You can burn your desirables
with it.

....also, crabgrass will die on its own this fall.

Yup, crabgrass is an annual, so you might not want to bother with it this summer so late in the year.

There is a new spray out there - Drive - somewhat expensive and available only in larger quantities. I think I paid about $100 or so
for a quart sized jar. You use very little of the powder, however - I think about 1/3 oz per 4 gallons spray. It works very well -
single application. ...will yellow the grass somewhat, particularly if you get too much on. I've used it for the last 2 years on my
bermuda with very good success.