Old 30-07-2006, 10:02 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Penelope Periwinkle Penelope Periwinkle is offline

Default Veg in pots

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 16:43:45 +0100, terryd
wrote:

Hi i have a fair bit of room in my back yard but it is all concrete so i
have decided to use pots for a few veg.
I have just bought some GREEN WINTER CABBAGE and SPINACH not sure if
it's a bit late in the year for the cabbage ?. What else would be good
to plant at this time of year ?

Cabbage and spinach are cool season crops here in the midlands of
South Carolina, as are most greens, dill, and cilantro. Around
now is when I'll start seeds, although it's hard to imagine a
cool season right now!

You'll do best getting advice on what plants and varieties to
plant and when to plant them from someone with a climate similar
to yours.

Penelope

- "pointed"