Old 31-07-2006, 03:39 PM posted to austin.gardening
Mike Harris[_1_] Mike Harris[_1_] is offline

Default Moths on Oak Trees

"Will" wrote in message
Jonny wrote:
"Will" wrote in message
I have moths, lots of them on my oak trees, not the live oaks. Anyone
know what they are and how to treat. Thanks

Moths are furry flying insects.
Treat them like your in-laws with your wife present.
I couldn't find "not" live oaks anyplace. Must be a new species. 2
species are prevalent in the hill country. Another as well when
traveling east or south. None of which are of the "not" species.

I was unsure of the exact type of oak, is anyone able to help that is not
a wise ass.

Don't get upset - the brevity of your OP practically *begged* for a wise
assed response. G

Moths themselves rarely... I'd be inclined to say never...do any damage -
although their larvae can be quite destructive. Is there a specific type of
damage that you think they're causing to your "not live oaks?" If so, maybe
you can describe it, thereby giving us a little bit more information.
--
Mike Harris
Austin, TX