Old 01-08-2006, 06:29 AM posted to rec.ponds
Bette In Ohio Bette In Ohio is offline

Default Heat and Water Temps ??

Any good tips on how to help bring down water temps of 80 degrees.
The heat is on, here in OH-- the pond was at 78 degrees yesterday and 81
degrees today.

I've been misting the pond for 3 or 4 hours every evening and topping it
off with cold water every other day.

The pond is about 2200 gals. has a waterfall and is 2/3rds covered with
lilies, lettuce and water hyacinth. It has a 2 foot wide bridge over it
that offers some more shade.
So far the koi and goldfish seem Ok-- but we are expecting 3 more days
in the mid to high 90's and I'm getting worried.