Old 01-08-2006, 01:56 PM posted to rec.ponds
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default Heat and Water Temps ??

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 01:29:47 -0400, (Bette In
Ohio) wrote:

The pond is about 2200 gals. has a waterfall and is 2/3rds covered with
lilies, lettuce and water hyacinth. It has a 2 foot wide bridge over it
that offers some more shade.
So far the koi and goldfish seem Ok-- but we are expecting 3 more days
in the mid to high 90's and I'm getting worried.

I think you are in little danger of overheating, but in case things
get worse and the fish begin to gulp at the surface. The oxygen
content of the water is of greatest concern. I added an Oase pump
last spring and some use aquarium pumps to add oxygen to the water,
but here is an emergency measu

http://tinyurl.com/e9h32

Regards,

Hal