Old 01-08-2006, 02:55 PM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö[_1_] Köi-Lö[_1_] is offline

Default Heat and Water Temps ??

"Bette In Ohio" wrote in message
Any good tips on how to help bring down water temps of 80 degrees.
The heat is on, here in OH-- the pond was at 78 degrees yesterday and 81
degrees today.

It's even hotter here in middle TN. We have old white sheets and curtains
covering 1/3 the top of the above ground ponds. They rest on the protective
netting. Clothespins hold them in place. The inground ponds don't get as
warm. The water was over 90 the other day but the koi, rosy reds and GF are
tolerating it well.

So far the koi and goldfish seem Ok-- but we are expecting 3 more days
in the mid to high 90's and I'm getting worried.

I would make sure there's good water circulation and aeration. They should
be ok if mine survive water in the 90s. :-)
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.