Old 01-08-2006, 12:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes[_1_] Alan Holmes[_1_] is offline

Default Puppy chewing plants: Any ideas?

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 22/7/06 16:54, in article ,
"Alan Holmes" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message

snip
When our still young Jack Russells & older wire haired dachies were
paying
too much attention to the ducks, we put a very low voltage rabbit
fencing
round the enclosure. Each dog touched his nose to it just once..... I
do
stress *very* low voltage but it's unexpected and was just enough to
keep
them away from that area as long as the ducks lived there.

Do you think that would work with tree rats?

Only if you can train them to stay on the ground, Alan!

I had been wondering about wrapping a wire round the trunk on insulated
things, I'd have to put up a notice warning that it was electrified.

Alan