Old 02-08-2006, 07:34 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Peter F. Peter F. is offline

Default Mosquitos, Garlic repellent

What would you classify as "alot"? I used a hose-end sprayer, put 9 oz of
the stuff inside, set the nozzle to 3 oz per gallon, and sprayed down the
backyard. We checked yesterday afternoon and there were some mosquitos still
left, so I'm thinking I really needed to up the dosage. What amounts are you
using, Jo?

We really arent crazy about the idea of chemicals, especially permetherin,
because of our dog. She thinks she's a cow, and eats the grass CONSTANTLY.
So chemicals arent really gonna work for us.

Also, not enough yard clearance for a bat house and we arent close enough to
water anyhow. Same thing for blue martins, which I also hear are rabid
mosquito eaters.

"Jo" wrote in message
Peter F. wrote:
Our backyard is INFESTED with mosquitos. You could walk outside at any
time of day and within 5 minutes have 10 or 20 bites. There is no
standing water whatsoever in our yard, the gutters are clean. I think we
have bad neighbors is all.

So...

We just bought the 1 quart bottle of this:

http://www.mosquitobarrier.com/

and last night sprayed it all over the backyard with a hose end sprayer.
So far so good. I went out this morning and didnt see any mosquitos.

Has anyone else had any experience with this product or products like it?
What concentration did you use? How much have you gone through? How long
has it lasted?

I love it. I use it quite a bit. I add oil to mine. I have my neighbor who
come over to my house because they cant use their own back yard. I really
does work. You have to use it a lot in the beginning. I would spray every
night for now.

Jo