Old 02-08-2006, 10:17 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default weed/grass killer info wanted

Jim Ledford said:

RB wrote:

I've been doing a bit of online research on herbicides, and am confused by
the abundance of the different compounds available.

What we'd like to do is get some kind of affordable, bulk weed/grass killer
(like Roundup?) to use as border controls around parking lots, fencelines,
etc. We've got about 7 acres of fenced lawn and parking areas to maintain.

Would appreciate info on any sources of such product that would do for our
purpose.

http://www.agrisupplyco.com/cgi-bin/...135.000000&l=1
http://www.agrisupplyco.com/cgi-bin/...379.000000&l=1

http://www.agri-supply.com/

move on their webpage as follows to get to the two products
I'm recommending.

product listing
lawn and garden
lawn and garden supplies
grass killer

use 3 ounces of Gly Star Original to a gallon of water and
you got a real kill.

Gly Star PRO already has SURFACTANT in it. Gly Star Original
is without SURFACTANT. a good money saving trick is to add 3
or 4 drops of Joy dish washing liquid for each gallon mixed.
works really good.

Adding a dye works well, also. You'll definately want to know where your
spray has hit. (This goes for *any* non-selective herbicide.)

--
Eggs

- Listen: Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for
a system of government! Supreme executive power derives from a mandate
from the masses, not from some... farcical aquatic ceremony!