Old 02-08-2006, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default I've got a surplus of Walnut trees again?

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" writes:

| Do you have another 49 years?

God, I hope not! By the standards of my female line, I might - but, given
my medical history, not a chance. Admittedly, the reasons that I am the
oldest male for at least 4 generations (perhaps many more) in all branches
of my paternal line (at 58) are not inheritable.

But a walnut tree will grow to a decent size in 20 years on fertile loam
in the south, and ours is a bit older than that.

I can't wait as long as that, even if I had 50' - or 20' spare :-)

Mary