Old 03-08-2006, 02:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default a good oscillating sprinkler?

Everything made by Gilmore comes with a Lifetime Warranty and I've
used it with great success.

I don't think oscillating sprinklers are the best way to water,
though. The absolute best way to water is to use that cheap, yellow
ring that has no moving parts at all. Cost is a dollar or two. It
allows for very deep watering trees, but the problem is it needs to be
moved frequently.

There is a well respected arborist Don Gardener who recommends
watering trees with this method.

On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 12:19:44 -0400, "Elaine"
wrote:

Hottest driest summer in a long time and today the Nelson brass oscillating
sprinkler I bought last summer just died. Were the cog wheel is the heart
shaped machination keeps popping out causing the arm to stop oscillating.
Any way to fix it or just bite the bullet and get a new one?
Any one have a suggestion on a good brand?
TIA.