Old 19-03-2003, 11:56 AM
Katharine Mill

Default mice

"mick" wrote in message ...
I have a problem ( recent - like this winter) with mice getting into my
roofspace.

Not a direct answer to your question, I'm afraid, but another
suggestion: I've read that they hate the smell of
peppermint/spearmint, so - having just discovered I have an under
floorboard mice problem - I'm going to make a spray perfume using
essential oil and alcohol (30 percent E.O) to see what that does. I'm
hoping it will deter them and spare the need to collect bodies or use
chemicals around the house. Plants of the stuff are also effective,
apparently, though I doubt they'd survive under a floor...

Sorry, it's not tried and tested yet, but I'm starting this
particularly war tonight :-(

Has anyone else tried this?
Katharine