Old 04-08-2006, 01:59 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo Steveo is offline

Default better pic of weed and Shamrock

wrote:
Steveo said:

"FireBrick" wrote:
Sorry, best I can do with this cheapo camera.
Hope this works.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/w9ol/l...d_shamrock.JPG

The vine sort of looks like speedwell.

Ya, really a lot like it. But speedwell should be dead now. It's been too
hot all over the country. Too bad there's no older leaves on the example
(to see if they're "toothed"), or flowers (to see if they're 4-petaled
and some shade of blue/violet).

Either way, I've always known speedwell to pop up in late winter, and be
dead and gone by the time it gets hot out. Maybe Jersey hasn't had the
heat wave until now?

We still have a form of speedwell growing here in the Buckeye and it
hardens off during the dog days of summer, sorta like spotted spurge does.
It's a boarder encroacher for the most part. (curbs and such)