Old 04-08-2006, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alla Bezroutchko Alla Bezroutchko is offline

Default Naturalising crocuses in a lawn

Mike Lyle wrote:
Alla Bezroutchko wrote:

I'd like to naturalise crocuses in a lawn. Could anybody advise me how
many bulbs per square meter do I need?

My experience has always been "more than I can afford this year".

That's what I thought after I measured the lawn and multiplied it by the
price of 100 bulbs. Then I found a Dutch grower who sells bulbs
wholesale around 5 times cheaper and delivers to Belgium (where I am). I
guess you might find bulbs wholesale in UK as well.

Any tips on how to plant 4000 crocus bulbs without breaking my back?

Alla.