Old 04-08-2006, 05:14 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] eugenet@rusmex.com is offline

Default Pines are dying

Hello,

I bought a house that has 20 white pines planted in the backyard to
provide a privacy shield for the neighbors. The problem is that pines
are dying one by one -- the needles become yellow and then the whole
pine dries up.

I talked to some people and they told me that this is because there is
too much water in the back of my yard. I tried to fix the water
problem, but the pines keep dying. So, I was wondering if you could
help me with some of the questions I have:

1. Is that a fact that pines don't like water? Could that be the
reverse -- there is not enough water or yellow needles is a clear
indication of a water problem?

2. Assuming there is too much water, is there a water resistant
evergreen that I can plant instead of white pines? Are all pines the
same, or some of them are more resilient to water problem?

3. I was wondering about Green Giants -- are they more resilient than
pines?

Thank you very much for your help!!!

Evgueni