Old 04-08-2006, 04:08 PM posted to rec.ponds
Snooze[_1_] Snooze[_1_] is offline

Default Heat and Water Temps ??

"~ janj" wrote in message
On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 06:18:37 GMT, "Snooze" wrote:

Then put the giant ice cube in the top of the waterfall.

Good idea. I always figured one would put them bobbing in the pond.

Be sure and dechlor the water before freezing, or just leave in bottle. It
might even melt a bit slower in a sealed bottle. ~ jan

I agree, better safe then sorry. But I honestly don't think 2L of slightly
chlorinated tap water is going to be much of a danger when it's diluted with
7570L of pond water. 2L makes about 0.02% of the pond's volume. Of that, how
much of the original ice water is chlorine? We're talking about such a small
fraction, it's not worth the hassle.

-S