Old 05-08-2006, 12:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Steve[_2_] Steve[_2_] is offline

Default Off Topic, HTML help

K Barrett wrote:
Ray wrote:

That's because, technically, you're using it wrong!

"Alt" is supposed to work INSTEAD OF an image (i.e., it was moved or
you coded it wrong). For something to work IN ADDITION TO an image,
substitute "title".

MSIE doesn't seem to know the difference, but Firefox does... I don't
know Safari, but if the used the html standard correctly, it should work.

Yes, I added the Title command and the names come up in Safari. I have
another person who uses an oddball browser and linux seeing if they work
for her. (finger's crossed.)

Thanks Ray. The world is run by microsoft.

I just looked at the site. The 2 thumbnails pop up the text for me and
I'm using Netscape 7.2 for my browser. I think it is working fine!

Steve