Old 05-08-2006, 01:49 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Al[_1_] Al[_1_] is offline

Default Off Topic, HTML help

I think you mean the alt "attribute" which is part of the image tag. this
displays text if the image is turned off or is used as an alternate to the
image by user agents for the blind. If this is what you mean then the two
examples on the page you provided worked in both IE 6 and Firefox 1.0, both
of which are installed on my computer. It's pretty standard html and should
work in any but very old browsers, but what do I know...

If you are talking about something else I have no clue.

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
I need some basic HTML help.

I *finally* figured out how to put in an alt text tag on an image, so the
name of a picture comes up when you mouse over an image.

BUT!

It only works in MSIE's browser, not Safari and Firefox, which leaves out
some visitors.

Any help? How can I get this feature to work in every browser (or is that
impossible?)

I wanted this feature for the index list. Please see http://www.csnjc.org

K Barrett