Old 04-08-2006, 10:14 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default better pic of weed and Shamrock

FireBrick said:

I went and looked at a picture of speedwell,
http://altnature.com/Herbs2003/pages/speddwell5319.html

The weed in my lawn is not like that.
It's been 94+ for days, and this stuff hasn't suffered at all.
In fact, from spring through snow cover, this stuff always stays green and
hardy looking.

Apparantly, there's a flavor that's hardy in the summer.

(that's why I'm sure it's a week, can't kill, hard to pull out of the
ground) LOL

Heh. Yup, that's a sure-fire sign. =)

No, the small narrow leaves are not 'toothed'. They have smooth.

The smaller leaves on speedwell are smooth, but check the oldest leaves
(nearest the roots).

And no flowers.

That's quite possible, if it's being mowed all of the time. You'd have to
find a specimen that was allowed to mature, perhaps behind something.
*shrug* In any case, a broadleaf killer should take it out, but as has been
pointed out, it's not really a good time weather-wise, to treat your lawn.

--
Eggs

Can I yell MOVIE in a crowded firehouse?