Old 05-08-2006, 02:32 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
Scott Ranger Scott Ranger is offline

Default Vine and Shrub ID

You may want to remove this vine when you learn more about it. It is
Celastrus obovatus, a rather nasty weed. Kill it now!

Scott

--

We'll be returning to Zambia in 2007. Join us!
Habitat for Humanity Global Village Home Page http://www.habitat.org/GV/

"Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to
prove that the other party is unfit to rule--and both commonly succeed, and
are right" H.L. Mencken
"tgdye" "TheHandof BaneNOSPAM"@comcastDOTnet wrote in message
. ..
I am having trouble identifying a vine and shrub I found growing in my
backyard.

I have images of both plants here.
http://tgdye.myphotoalbum.com/view_a...umName=album10

USA
Zone 8
Both are probably ornamental/invasive species

The Shrub is 1m high
Leaves: Alternate, not toothed
Flowers: White 5 peatals
Fruit: is still green with attached sepals, and forms 1 to 4

The Vine
Leaves: Alternate, dark green, not toothed, alternate
Flowers: White, 4 petals
Fruit: None

Thanks for any help