Old 05-08-2006, 08:47 PM posted to rec.gardens
Tracey Tracey is offline

Default What kind of tree is this? Is the photo real?

daveyj wrote:
http://eatliver.com/i.php?n=1215

I was thinking a kind of Cypress, but maybe it's just a joke.

Sorry for being so naive

While I can't speak for that specific tree, yes, there are trees
that have roots that are at least similar to that. I can't think
of the name right now but there's a certain kind of palm that
is common here in Hawaii that has many semi-aerial roots like
that. The leaves of this particular palm I'm thinking of all
seem to be bent in the middle with a clear and definite bend
that looks like a mishap but it's the way they grow.

Tracey