Old 05-08-2006, 08:29 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default What kind of tree is this? Is the photo real?

http://eatliver.com/i.php?n=1215

I was thinking a kind of Cypress, but maybe it's just a joke.

Sorry for being so naive

Old 05-08-2006, 08:47 PM posted to rec.gardens

daveyj wrote:
http://eatliver.com/i.php?n=1215

I was thinking a kind of Cypress, but maybe it's just a joke.

Sorry for being so naive

While I can't speak for that specific tree, yes, there are trees
that have roots that are at least similar to that. I can't think
of the name right now but there's a certain kind of palm that
is common here in Hawaii that has many semi-aerial roots like
that. The leaves of this particular palm I'm thinking of all
seem to be bent in the middle with a clear and definite bend
that looks like a mishap but it's the way they grow.

Tracey

Old 05-08-2006, 08:57 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Tracey" wrote in message

daveyj wrote:
http://eatliver.com/i.php?n=1215

I was thinking a kind of Cypress, but maybe it's just a joke.

Sorry for being so naive

While I can't speak for that specific tree, yes, there are trees
that have roots that are at least similar to that. I can't think
of the name right now but there's a certain kind of palm that
is common here in Hawaii that has many semi-aerial roots like
that. The leaves of this particular palm I'm thinking of all
seem to be bent in the middle with a clear and definite bend
that looks like a mishap but it's the way they grow.

Tracey

Obviously, it's a penis tree :-P

Old 06-08-2006, 01:13 AM posted to rec.gardens

Frank wrote:
Matthew Reed wrote:
"Tracey" wrote in message

daveyj wrote:
http://eatliver.com/i.php?n=1215

I was thinking a kind of Cypress, but maybe it's just a joke.

Sorry for being so naive

While I can't speak for that specific tree, yes, there are trees
that have roots that are at least similar to that. I can't think
of the name right now but there's a certain kind of palm that
is common here in Hawaii that has many semi-aerial roots like
that. The leaves of this particular palm I'm thinking of all
seem to be bent in the middle with a clear and definite bend
that looks like a mishap but it's the way they grow.

Tracey

Obviously, it's a penis tree :-P

Jackoffatree

It's kind of sad that people who have no lives must watch a gardening
newsgroup to get their jollies.

Can't you just ask your Moms to throw another bag of Cheetohs down the
basement stairs?

I'm sure this will occupy you until the next reality tv show airs.

Old 06-08-2006, 03:19 AM posted to rec.gardens

It's kind of sad that people who have no lives must watch a gardening
newsgroup to get their jollies.

Can't you just ask your Moms to throw another bag of Cheetohs down the
basement stairs?

I'm sure this will occupy you until the next reality tv show airs.

I don't watch reality shows. I find people in real life with no sense of
humour to be much more entertaining :-)

Old 07-08-2006, 03:48 AM posted to rec.gardens
how how is offline

Hi,
No joke, Pandanus utilis. It gets the common name of "screw pine" for the
way the leaves grow not for what this woman is holding on to
HTH -_- how
no NEWS is good

ups.com...

Old 11-08-2006, 05:39 AM posted to rec.gardens

how wrote:
Hi,
No joke, Pandanus utilis. It gets the common name of "screw pine" for the
way the leaves grow not for what this woman is holding on to
HTH -_- how
no NEWS is good

"daveyj" wrote in message
ups.com...
http://eatliver.com/i.php?n=1215

I was thinking a kind of Cypress, but maybe it's just a joke.

Sorry for being so naive

Thanks.
That's the information I was looking for.